Friday, December 12, 2008

Sirens Make Me Think

Yesterday was dark and wet. Cold and icy. I kept hearing sirens on West End and Phil called a few times to tell me about all of the wrecks and a death on I-65. I told Tom H about it all and my sick feeling in my stomach that I was going to get the call for the organs.

He said in his funny pretend voice, "Maybe you should go to the scenes of the accidents and ride with the victim to the emergency room. Just to make it all easier."

It is all awful and strange and now that Christmas is so close I find myself making plans with so many friends and family that I am planning in my head that the surgery won't happen until after the holiday. After everyone opens the neat gifts that I got them! After I've gotten to go to the Thompsons' and the Watkin's - Rice's, etc etc. After MamaLott and PapaLott's house and after the Fennell gathering on Christmas day!

But You-Know-Who has His own plan. I've got to remember that. And keep my kitchen clean.

No comments: