Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Dialysis Training: one month ago.

Just found out that my FOURTH blood work test came back worse. They rechecked 2x last week at the endo's and we were hoping that flushing liquids and basically drinking water like a freaking fish would lower the creatine. Oh well My parents rushed in from the 'burbs to go to prepretraining: We saw a predictable but informative film on the many choices for dialysis with a q and a following. I've got to give it a thumbs down, just for the depressing content. Though they managed to be upbeat and loaded me up w/some info.

My sweet mother asked some of the questions over again; it is all confusing. And she asked lots of questions about traveling....finally, I interupted and attacked my biggest supporter and said like a horrible spoiled child: "Let me just get this out on the table (to the nurse teacher): my mother doesn't want me to travel and it is the love of my life" She cringed, then I cringed myself. How can i be so mean to her!!!! I went on...defending myself, even though she wasn't even attacking me!

Later things were better though I felt like we were driving to a funeral on the way to the doctor's office and coming home w/my parents. Today I'm great because Felipe came to visit (pure humor) and Kitty came by (pure sympathy). I actually cannot believe that I am sick, except for the out of breath when hiking and biking!!! Lordy Need to talk to someone on PD (is it Pera.dailysis? there are 2 kinds) and/or Home Hemo....those are my choices...

Meanwhile, my brilliant and beautiful pro-cheerleader niece, who is also in an elite nursing school and working another job full time (i appreciate her efforts, my god)...is upset because they are only featuring her in a small photograph on some marketing material, and not a full page!!! If she only knew how well she is doing in life....she is amazing. Her brother is the super stealth smarty, he is not the showoff like me, he slides under the radar and is beloved. I stalked him on Facebook (like a crazy old aunt would) and he has 1million cute friends on there, mostly girls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

howdy, my darling. just to let you know...i would be having a pity party everyday if i had chronic discomfort in any way. You are amazingly upbeat and draw energy from some deep and wonderful kimmie place of joy and beauty. You have no reason to apologize for the whimpering and the moods. You are so much sunshine to everyone who meets you. I've known you for over 12 years, and 2 weeks ago was the first time I ever heard you say you didn't feel good. Wow. You are an inspiration, not a whiner. You are an optimist, a lover of life, a totally cool chick. So, whine on. Cry if you want to. I love you and am so amazed by you. Can't wait to visit and sit for a while. Maybe I'll get some of your joy by osmosis...or facilitated diffusion. (get the parallel inference?!) hee hee.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

I love coco-culture.blogspot.com! Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
Webmaster of http://loveepicentre.com and http://movieszone.eu
Best regards