Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pushing through the systems: transplant & dialysis

OK OK

i heard from Vanderbilt. Note to self: make food to carry to the nurses over there. I've started off with a bonding experience...my nurse coordinator goes to Percy Warner like me!!! They want me to see 2 doctors and get more tests. here is a list of what I am waiting to be scheduled:

See Surgeon for Dialysis catheter implant surgery

  • Dialysis center pre pre training on Hemo at Home (so I can make ed decision)
    renew the stress test
  • Dual transplant surgeon - never had a meeting, so that is my next meeting.
    "Red top" vial of blood w/in a few more days...must get a deadline
  • Kidney doctor again for EPO test and shot
    guess I've had about 25 doctor's meetings and clinic visits in the last 2 months...over 20 vials of blood and about 30 total tests...not so bad. i can do this!
what i've learned. yesterday, when i felt bad and sorry for myself, Amy listened patiently to my list above and said, "all education is good" and I didn't listen to her. I was still hurt and brooding and frustrated! But today I am strong and happy and I know I have to get these meetings scheduled just for the education. I must remember to listen when I feel poorly and if it doesn't sound good to me, which it didn't yesterday! I must remember these words from friends for later encouragement. I have faith that I will feel better and I can handle difficult ideas later.
What else I've learned: a dose of good comedy and better yet, a dear friend stopping by, is the best medicine. Pete came over with Sag Paneer and Arrested Development. Manna from heaven.

Other best gifts: Kim called, Amy,Erica & Kitty, 2 long lost friend....all called today. Wonders, they all are

No comments: