Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Implant surgery, Titans, Halloween





I'm off to the Y and the Vandy Lab, my second home, it seems. My face looks very unfamiliar, but an hour on the eliptical or whatever that knee-eater is will help. Too bad I still cannot take a shower or I'd def save time and get ready there.

The Titans game was just like I liked it. Tail-gate at the stadium, game time at home with friends. As a fair=weather fan, I am suddenly delighted with the Titan's record. Shawn, my brother ("The Commissioner" or "The Mayor" or "Rooster") assembled a grill the size of John's Prius. He and Tony got to the parking lot at 1:30 to secure great space. The grill had a muffler man on the front, completely welded by my brother, the muffler man. John pointed out later that it was anatomically correct. Above and to the right is Shawn and Vicki - my mom invited us to their party!



John and I showed up in time for a walk over the bridge at sunset - NASHVILLE IS GORGEOUS. There were blue lights everywhere and the Shelby Street bridge sparkled. We stayed long enough to stop by a few parties, eat some delicious food and brag about going home to watch with hot chocolate. There is nothing like picnic food eaten with gloves and a muffler over your face. But home with mom and dad and Bruce and the Pattersons was even better! Bill introduced us to Snyder's jalapeno pretzel sandwiches and PoP Secret Homestyle. I had a stomach later, but worth it.

Saturday night the the Mertz's had a Halloween party. I was on the couch from about 3pm on (after some work) and around 7pm I got up to wash my face and go to the party. I did NOT feel like going... But once in my closet, I realized that I hadn't worn my mother's dress from the 60s in years..or my feather hat. I jumped into it and I immediately felt good. Funny how that happens. As soon as I got my Bubba Teeth in, I knew that this kidney thing is just in my head - I felt great! John was convinced to dress as well and the whole production took 15 minutes. We had a great time: Elvis was there and the Dairy Queen and Burger King. Pac Man came and for some reason (maybe part of the Pac Man thing) there was a large solemn man at the door checking names off a list. He stayed there all night though there were only about 15 people present. A patio man thing? (David Brooks in the NYT) Guard at the door of fancy party? Leftover "excesses" of the early 200s?

Heard a some terrifying stories at the party. A certain realtor there said that he wasn't sleeping: in July he got in a bidding war on a short sale house. He outbid 5 others and now couldn't sell his other personal house. No money coming in. The bidding war had ended at $900. I had seen this house when it was on the market at $1.2. Ah, but for the grace of God, go I. John and I were so lucky to sell our house last July.

There was a "retired" doctor at the party with a free mammogram box on his head. The idea was too place your chest in the opening at his face. The women didn't seem to laugh unless they had liquor on the breath. In my buck teeth and countriest of accents, I was telling stories about which children were in which prison and that I was 36 with 14 grandchildren and that the 7 year old was home babysitting and that John was my fourth babydaddy, etc.

Mr Mammogram was saying that he was a surgeon and could give me implants and I said if my lawsuit worked out that I might come to him.....He then took off his box and told this awful story: It seems when he was bored, his friend the vet convinced him to give his castrated German Shephard silicone implanted testicles. He said "I knew I would never show him; but he was a show dog, and I wanted him to have every opportunity." He proceeded to set up a surgery center in his garage (gated community) and implanted the extra large balls. Everyone laughed but I was a little nauseated. Then he says that the dog developed a reaction to the silicone and he had to remove the balls. Perfect story for 2008.

No comments: