Saturday, October 25, 2008

update on dialysis

Here is the update I wrote to AG, Peter, India...last week

I’ve had the dialysis surgery 2 weeks ago and have to heal another 2 weeks before I can start. It looked like something I could do while sleeping (9hours every night) but I just found out that I will have to do it during the day for the first 6 weeks. Those will be tough weeks because they will take my entire day almost! (I’ll bet I don’t have to cook this thanksgiving! )

I’ve always loved playing dress up but the mask and gloves required are getting on my nerves.
I am also number 1 on the transplant list. Luckily, I feel great. They cannot believe it, my creatine is so high. They keep asking me if I am dizzy or nauseated….etc, etc. I still want to eat, etc. just a few symptoms that I can live with. (really fun things like itching and leg cramps) I really do think my measly little walk everyday is what helps. My good friends say that I don’t know how tired I am (I must look awful, the way they talk) I do take a nap everyday, and it is usually a necessity.

It is weird to go through the day with customers, etc and wonder when the call is going to come. At any moment, I may need to step out of my life for a month or six. Wild, but I think I’m ready.

No comments: