Monday, January 12, 2009

trying to share the calendar: experiment




John is kind enough to help me with my google calendar. The "solvenator" as he likes to call himself, suggested that I make my own calendar for the dialysis nurses. I have voiced many complaints, here and otherwise, about their disorganization. (they lose my fax number each week, they lose my pharmacy number, they don't call in the scripts like they say they will, they take don't keep individual calendars, they answer cell calls at all hours, they don't have a receptionist, the list goes on and on...)

Today, unbelievably, Candy called and asked me on what day had she given me iron? This has been over a month ago and she didn't seem to have it in her file. She also mentioned last week that she "forgot" to take my aluminum levels, after drawing 4 vials of blood. (I got a quick lesson on high levels of aluminum, which has never been mentioned before. No more aluminum canned drinks or apparently, deodorant, though I'm just not sure because ....they've never checked my aluminum! )

So the Solvenator's idea that I start keeping my "health calendar" and that I send it to Candy the nurse is probably a good one. I can put my daily input /output of fluids, weight, BP and temperature (what I keep up with daily). The problem is: Isn't she getting paid to keep up with my blood draws and my schedule? Why is the further burden on me? After the big mess up last week (I was supposed to bring my PET test in. I called her and she told me no. Not to bring anything in.)I guess it is better that i keep up with our schedule. I sure am hard on her about her inability to keep a calendar. I haven't voiced this to her. I'm just harping here. Thanks for indulging me.

No comments: