Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Surgeon says FAT!

The question was:

WHAT IS BLOCKING THE CATHETER SO THAT THE FLOW IS RESTRICTED?

I am having another simple procedure on Thursday at Centennial Hospital (outpatient)…They are doing an exploratory lap to see what is wrong with the catheter. After over 12 weeks of trying and trying to get the dialysis “flow” to go better!(which includes standing on my head, hand over fist of daily laxatives, impulsive runs to the potty at all hours, and 8 hours/day of dialysis.) I am really excited that he has done this before. He predicts that some fat has overlapped the openings of the catheter and are sticking to it. When I asked him if I was having mini liposuction, he didn’’t really laugh but I almost got a smile out of him. My weight has dropped some due to the aforementioned laxatives, despite gorging of food! So he said No, not really a liposuction, but close.

So I will miss the book club! So sad!

But I will back in full force Friday and Saturday to show property and order contractors & hope for a transplant!!!!!! With your help, I am so happy these days! Please call John if you get a chance and give him a good joke or kudos. He has been a saint and a tireless helper & best friend.

Call me/praise Him!

1 comment:

Kamal D Shah said...

Hi Kim,

All the best for the procedure. Yes, travel is a big plus with PD. I love to travel too. Just hang in there for the moment. I'm sure this will be sorted out soon.

I'm glad you realize the importance of being clean on PD. One small mistake and you can blow it all up. Especially when you get used to it, you tend to become a little careless. But follow the procedures strictly and you should be ok.

All the best!