Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things: Facebook Made Me Do It.....sorry

1. I used to write country music gossip for the National Enquirer. I snuck into Wynonna’s wedding and all sorts of undercover hospital work!

2. I pull over for all large or unusual birds, even if I have a mulit-million dollar client in the car. I’ve traveled to many places but my favorites involved animals: safari in Africa, monkeys & macaws in Costa Rica, whales in Hawaii and an "official" guided tour through Yellowstone to see the Wolves with dignatiaries.*

3. My father and I have a card trick called the Wizard that is very impressive and in demand. Ask me about the Wizard.

4. I live with John and have for the past 11 years and we have a great deal of fun. I’d rather John be the driver in all occasions, no matter who we are with.

5. I don’t like courtroom dramas or lawyer movies. I hate HGTV and will not watch it. I’ve never seen an entire episode of CSI anything or Law & Order.

6. I hate spoilers for movies. I don’t want to hear about a movie at all before I see it except that it is “good.”

7. I do not like the malls and challenge any one of my friends to ever spot me at the mall.

8. I love comedy. I admire it almost too much.

9. John and I pretended that we had tickets to the big superbowl in Atlanta with the Titans. We walked right in and sat on the 50 yard line. Extra special game that day.

10. I love fiction, literature really.

11. I was on two game shows the year after I graduated college: Card Sharks & Scrabble.

12. I have belonged to the YMCA for maybe 18 years; I’ve never missed a workout(often just a walk) for 3 days in a row, except when I’ve had surgery.

13. I’ve been a Type I diabetic for 33 years. I’ve had 11 eye surgeries, and am now in desperate need of organ transplants. I also need another eye surgery!

14. John and I play games constantly; when we go absolutely anywhere and there is music playing, the game is on! Whoever names the artist of the song wins. (at a funeral he once leaned over and whispered “Amy Grant, One Zip.)

**15. I realized in my 20s that I have never had a full beer. I don’ t like the taste. Since then, I have kept up with it and still never had one. I do not drink.

16. Two of my life list goals I accomplished recently: my friend Joe took me Beekkeeping and I’ve gotten to go to dinner with a food critic. Other goals include: travel goals, writing a book goals, having family over to dinner more, commitment to charity, hiking more and further away.

17. I free fell from a plane when I was 19 and pulled my own shute. I wrote about it in the paper. When my mother heard she promptly threw up and rushed to Knoxville, father in tow.

18. I threw up in the lap of my first 2 prom dates from nervousness.

19. I once locked myself into a closet for 5 hours until rescue.

20. I wash my baggies and I have for along time.

21. I don’t have and I won’t have a credit card. Yet I am still able to rent cars and take out and payoff mortgages

22. I buy rental property and I’d like some more.

23. I got off of the school bus every afternoon at one of two grandmothers’ houses. We grew up 1 and 3 miles from them – excellent way of life!

24. Many many people have influenced me, but Conn Hamlett, my Latin and Bible teacher in High School, is one of the best examples of class & humor. There are many more, but he helped set off a life long curiosity about life. At the end of my senior year, we had a 1000 word English Vocab test. I still have the latin book with all of the English words in it.

25. I have fixed up many couples and I claim 8 marraiges because of my introductions.

PS> I know all 50 states in alphabetical order.

I have what I call Sports Anxiety about my potential failure at anything sports like. I do love to hike more than anything else (except reading) but I still get nervous every time I go with someone new.

I feel panicky when I cannot find my glucose monitor, even though the insulin pump attached to me is worth $5000 - $6000 more and much more critical. Maybe I don’t lose it as often because it is attached to me 99%!

I don't believe in Astrology at all. I believe in things like Astronomy. I am afraid that I like to shock my friends sometimes and claim it as Blashphemy!

I love nicknames. I love to play Scrabble.


*Special thanks to India Viva, The Thompsons, Latte man, Christine & Jacquie Lawing, who knew most of this crazy brag list. These were the folks responsible for the animal safaris. Special gratitude to Kim for being the animal spotter at Radnor & Warner Parks. Hey Phil, does this prove that I love animals?
**OK, my most intimate might question me on some of these. For example, the beer drinking. I appear drunk often. I am not. However, I did get absolutely sick wasted drunk a few times, maybe 5 in college. The thing about the beer, I do think it is true. We could ask the college boyfriend.
***I realize what a self-flattering, overly contrived concoction this must be to you. So here are some other truths: I spill alot of my food down my front as I eat. I'm not a good driver, so I actually pray over my car that I never hurt anyone. John is better than me at most everything. (that was hard to say) I am a narcissist. I never get my nails done and they always look awful; i pretend noone sees them. I gossip way too much. I don't practice what I preach. I get lonely! I over worry. I miss people so much that it hurts sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a testament that Kim was on Card Sharks because I am the recipient of part of her prize. If I remember correctly she won money and luggage. I lived in Vienna Austia at the time and she used part of the winnings to visit me and tour together!

At the time we were both single and just friends. I'd had a crush on Kim for years. She traveled to Paris ahead of me to hook up with friends. As it were the friends were in transition so she found us a cheap hotel. As it turned out it was right in the heart of the red light district. The manager asked us if we wanted one bed or two. I've never forgotten Kim's response. We'll take two and it's too D!@#$ hot to sleep together anyway. It was a great trip. Thanks for visiting me. Only you, Anthony and Mac Stiles made the trip besides my parents during those years. For that I will always be grateful :)

Robb Wells