Monday, February 2, 2009

Letter to "Richard the Realtor"

Hey Richard. I keep thinking about you and your mom. Hope you are doing alll good. I have lots more of an opportunity to spend time on email and reading and especially thinking. I'm doing great but allthis extra time was forced down my throat! I didn't want to spend this time on the couch. And you know what? I am loving it in a way.



don't get me wrong, it has been one really crappy bitch to go to the clinic 2 and 3 times a week, up all night, and stuck at the house from either 5 hours to 8 hours everyday (we are working on getting to do this overnight, so my days will be free again soon). Don't even make me tell you about the daily bathroom situation.



i said i am loving it, but i want to tell you that the new feeling i feel about real estate and making money has changed. i have gone from years of being terrified about disability and not being able to support myself, to almost not worrying about it all. I was a real work aholic and am working on recovery. (i think it is impossible NOT to be a workaholic in real estate. But food aholics say the same thing about eating.)



I just say this because i hope you are not working too hard! I'm assuming you've learned all this long ago and are laughing right now from somewhere warm. It has just taken me a long time to figure it out. I havn'et quit; i'm still working. In fact, i've told noone in real estate except for a couple of close friends what I am doing! Turns out the anesthesiologist that I've had both times I had some dates with in college. He is interested in my upcoming listing in Richland.



I didn't mean to say all of this, but i was just thinking aobut your upcoming birthday and you and the passing of your dad. I admire and love you so much! thanks for all the help over the years and I hope more in the future. John and I want to go eat dinner with you and beth and richard sometime! or play scrabble or whatever. I probalby will come in sweat pants from the y. that is what i usually do.



Oh, happy birthday early dear. In case i forget!!!!

No comments: