Friday, February 20, 2009

Bad News on CT scan

Just got the news: the CT scan last night revealed a slight leak at the incision site for the PD Catheter. In other words, the fluid in the paritoneal cavity has been leaking there for sure, and it has not healed yet. My nephrologist recommends (he had a nurse call me) that I do Hemo another two weeks! This means in-center every other day, about 4 hours/day. whew. I have to get a grip on this. I'm not looking forward to this, but I will figure out a way to make it more positive. That also means no shower, continued with kiddie baths.....Oh well. I'm hoping to be able to walk most mornings and get a little more physically active. I will have to set some goals; that will help!

first of all, I called the center and they are going to let me come in at 6:30am tomorrow (Saturday). Since I awaken around 5 every morning, this could be good. Not sure what I will do about breakfast and blood sugar, but I will be out by 10:30 and maybe can have a normal day. I suppose i will take snacks, etc, though i am told they are not allowed. Luckily I had an apple yesterday that helped with how I felt.

I have been reading on the internet about what causes the severe headaches, and showing it to the hemo dialysis techs. They are seemingly receptive, but a back-biting bunch to each other ("don't expect Mary to understand that paper on headaches, she only has her GED." I learned that my "nurses" are not nurses, but techs that don't always have college degrees)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

KK,
You are amazing! How your brain keeps working so brilliantly when your body is so sick is unreal! You inspired me w/you poem. Am passing it on to my students!
Fratesi