Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday morning notes...

Hi Karyn
Thanks for the note. I feel funny writing in a blog when you don't really know who is reading it! I meant it to be a journal of this time in life, but not sure what I'd call it. I'm so glad that you liked the part about John's painting...I didn't know howto convey what felt like hysteria. John continues to be amazing and happy and a good sport. He is hanging in for the long haul I hope. The fun is not so much today as I got up at 5 to try an exchange and very little is coming out. They were concerned that I had gained 10lbs of fluid last weekend in 2 days and I was trying to take that off. I woke up Saturday with 4 more pounds....ugh. I kinda hurt all over esp my left leg which is huge.

this morning I sat on the toilet for an hour playing Facebook scrabble trying to help the situation. The nurse says that it may be hospitalization today and I don't want to go. they would do emergency catheter (I think it is in the neck) and emergency hemo dialysis. People get it all the time, but I"m afraid of infection and I cannot get an infection and maintain status on the transplant list. It is 7:30 and I'm waiting for the nurse to call back as I refill my Peritoneal cavity with even more fluid (the fluid should pull more fluid off, but hasn't been working!)

Karyn-
what is going on with real estate in Knoxville. Are there closings? How is your business and how does it compare to last year?

I would really love an ADPi get together this summer. I'm happy to host any part of it if my transplant thing goes...
Lovin you Karyn. enjoy this great weather in February! xoxoxo Kim

additional note on blog:
This weekend was so nice with a small party for Kat's birthday - Her request to play games at our house resulted in Balderdash laughter and abuse. So nice to have it at my house so that I could do an exchange when I felt like it. Phil was a champ with the hook up of Italian food from Pranza, a little cafe open only for lunch in Berry Hill. And Karen made a very special and much loved Chocolate birthday cake.

Last night we were invited to Brenda Lee's daughter's house for the grammys. She was given the Lifetime Achievement Award on the day before and her daughter had a small party to watch the ceremony. I bragged to a few friends about my proximity to celebrity so I had to go. The nurse wanted to call the doctor about my fluid gain, but I got her to put it off (so i could go to the party). I found the celebrity kids just like all the others: very gracious & generous (Julie forced me to take her lambskin slippers though they kept falling off of me and I couldn't even walk in them). I imagined that the two sisters were a little stunned by the harshness of life when I heard about their circumstances, but then again, aren't we all? Nice family, so nice that the star herself didn't show, which was the smart idea, watching the Grammys on her own couch with her own Snuggle blanket(look it up). She got a lame mention on the show from Nashvillians Leanne Rimes & Sheryl Crow. I of course volunteered to have a kidney foundation fundraiser later in the month if Leanne & Sheryl will come properly present Ms Brenda Lee with the award.

So now it is Monday morning. OK, I canceled the dinner party with Linus, something better happen today with this fluid....I had some very propitious real estate showings yesterday. Cross your fingers.

No comments: